Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Uncollected Bounty So Far

So far, I've passed by the following:
  1. Unopened can of Schweppes lemon, my favorite kind. 0.25€
  2. A plastic ball, pressurized and usable. 6€
  3. A boat bumper, mid-size, slightly used, but mostly very clean. 10€
I was flying a spinnaker, so turning around to pick them up was too much hassle. So, the uncollected sea bounty so far is 11000€ for the diamond bracelet, plus 16.25€, for a total of 11,016.25€.

The latent message in this blog post is that you ought to ask yourself "what would have happened if I was on that boat and there was a man-overboard situation?" Evidence says that if your being alive brings me less than 11,016.25€, I'm not going to do circles to pick you up, or even go backwards one inch for you, even if you taste like my favorite lemon drink.

Speaking of which, Spaniards have invented an incredibly tasty new drink called "Damm Lemon", which is a weird cross between a beer and lemonade, clearly targeted at the teenager demographic. Only a matter of time before it hits the US, where it'll probably follow the same fate as ZIMA, but nevertheless, it's a "brilliant drink." And speaking of which, I met a guy in India who was providing the venture capital for a pair of founders whose goal was to "invent a brilliant drink." He says that he has no idea what that means, but whatever it might mean, he wants to be on board. Well, they have competition in Spain.

(For the record, I did do a u-ey for the Schweppes Lemon, but not for the other potential bounty.)

1 comment:

egs said...

Passed by a leather soccer ball (a 25€ value). I actually did man-overboard drills for it and got right on top of it multiple times, but the lifelines on the boat made it very difficult to reach down and pick it up, and I wasn't about to loosen the lifelines while in transit to pick up a ball. So, the threshold is now 11,041.25€.