Wednesday, June 1, 2011

How other people sail, Part 1.

At the British Airways lounge on my way to India, I got a chance to look through some sailing magazines. These publications must represent the exact polar opposite of sailing in a mini.
An alternative approach to interacting with the sea.
 
Looking for "boat improvement" ideas for my minitransat.

I came across this gem:

Time to build a squat rack in my mini.

If you're going to put a gym on a boat, you might as well combine a couple more interests and put a barn and a string of polo horses as well. On the continuum between lightweight, fast sailing with no additional weight/no berths/no toilet, and a floating RV that carries all your crap, past and present in the holding tank, where does one draw the line? I'm not really asking the question, I know exactly where I'd want to make that tradeoff.

No comments: