Monday, July 25, 2011

Mini Sisters

Came across not just one, but four  different minitransats in Loano.

#600 is the prettiest of them all. The cabin has windows! I didn't think it was even possible to fit a window someplace, but clearly it's totally doable. And it would be a welcome addition to Guizmo. I might get this done.

The cabin top is also higher in #600, so much so that I would be able to stand up properly inside #600. In Guizmo, my head hits the ceiling and I need to hunch over slightly, which gets tiring after a while.

This boat lacks a canting keel, so the inside looks very roomy, but the downside is that (a) it has no canting keel, and (b) the boom is much higher than it needs to be.



# 408 looks like it's a nice Pogo. This is a boat produced in "series," that is, they come out of a mold and are industrially produced in batches.


#538 also looked nice. Note high cabin top and hatch, which are nice features, but also note lack of canards and canting keel.


All these boats have a rotating spinnaker pole that's about 2m or so. Guizmo's spinnaker pole is a whopping 3.20 meters. I'll have to check the regulations to figure out why there is a difference; for now, I just get to boast about its length.

No comments: