Thursday, May 19, 2011

Charlie's Angels

Jean, Ann and Pat
Everyone thinks that I'm partying it up in Mallorca with beachfuls of topless women, but Pto Pollenca is mostly empty this time of year, except for the British pensioners and the young expecting couples. Not sure what it is, but practically every female under the age of 35, and there aren't that many, seems to be pregnant. This must be a British thing: "you must visit Pto Pollenca when you're with child." The couples seem to prefer one of the other hotels that are further away from the main thoroughfare and are thus more quiet. My hotel is mostly empty, which is great, except for these three lovely ladies.

They caught me checking myself in the mirror to see how much of my hair I had accidentally painted white, and told me that I "still looked beautiful." In turn, I nicknamed them Charlie's Angels. If there was crime on the island, I bet they would fight it. They live in very different parts of the UK but meet in Mallorca regularly. Since they were genuinely concerned about my safety on this voyage, I told them I'd create a blog and point them to it. So hello Jean, Pat and Ann!

No comments: